Wondering which Mitsubishi model is best for a road trip? Check out the new Outlander. With tons of space for storage, a comfortable interior, the latest in entertainment, and excellent fuel economy, you can make any trip more enjoyable as long as you drive the Mitsubishi Outlander.
According to Mitsubishi, the 2016 Outlander has over 100 new improvements and upgrades, ranging from a new style to a fine-tuned engine. With four basic trims—including ES, SE, SEL, and GT S-AWC—you can pick and choose which features you like. And, perhaps best of all, the Outlander has a refined and sophisticated interior, with exclusive materials and comfort like never before.
Mitsubishi Outlander capabilities are one major reason to consider this model for your next road trip. This crossover has a seating capacity of seven, it can tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped, and it gets up to 31 highway mpg. Plus, the Outlander also comes with Super-All Wheel Control (S-AWC) to help you tackle tough terrain and harsh weather.
What else sets the Outlander apart? This model received an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ rating thanks to a range of safety features. This will definitely provide added peace of mind on any road trip. Plus, the Outlander has intelligent entertainment options like a 6.1-inch touch panel display audio system, HD Radio, Rockford Fosgate Premium audio, and more. An additional navigation option and Eco-Mode let you have better control than ever as well.
Experience the full potential of your next road trip in the new Outlander. What are you waiting for? Get your model today.
Any road trip enthusiast will tell you that careful planning can make or break a trip—including the proper snacks. Although it might sound like a silly concept, it is true that many drivers eat while they’re on the road. That’s why we’ve put together a post on snacks for road trips to give you an idea of the dos and don’ts of eating on the road.
According to How Stuff Works, the ideal foods for the roads make you feel full and don’t distract you from driving. They also give you energy and keep you alert. First, bring a mini cooler and keep it within reach. If you have passengers, put them in charge of snack distribution. The best snacks tend to be nuts, granola bars, and bananas. What do they have in common? They aren’t messy and they can be eaten with one hand.
What should you avoid? Obviously, you don’t want to bring messy foods that might distract from the road. Chips make your hands greasy, sandwich and hot dog condiments tend to get everywhere, and foods with pits or that have a lot of fluid can also be a problem, including cherries or peaches.
Other favorites include: fruit leather, jerky, celery and carrot sticks, and good old-fashioned trail mix. For drinks, go light—you don’t want to pull over every five seconds. Generally, you can’t go wrong with water. Avoid sugary drinks that may give you a rush and then a sugar crash. Though there are mixed feelings on caffeine, it is a stimulant, making coffee, tea, and energy drinks a possibility for late nights.
Trying to decide where to spend your summer vacation can be incredibly difficult. For fun in the sun and feet in the sand, check out these top five vacation destinations in North Carolina from us here at Larry Jay Mitsubishi!
- Cape Hatteras Island – Packed with excellent restaurants, Cape Hatteras Island features some of the most scenic sunsets on the east coast. Spending the day on the island gives access to fishing, surfing, scuba diving, and much more! With one of the most peaceful atmospheres in the state, this is one destination you won’t want to miss.
- Duck – Located on the Outer Banks, Duck is your one-stop spot for vacation rentals next to the ocean. Spend the day in the sun, parasailing, or deep sea fishing for a vacation you’ll never forget.
- Boone – Located inland, Boone is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Visitors can go hiking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, and much more!
- Lake Gaston – For both adventure and relaxation, there’s no better place than Lake Gaston. Activities include water skiing, hiking, boating, barbecuing, and more.
- Wrightsville Beach – The perfect spot for fishing, surfing, boating, and more, Wrightsville Beach is a top vacation spot for good reason. With luxurious rentals and restaurants that will cook what you catch, there are few better places to spend your vacation.