There is no denying that North Carolina is a spectacular place to live, considering its natural beauty and great people. However, not all cities and towns are the same or offer the best schools and communities. Recently, Niche.com created a list of the Best Places to Live in North Carolina based on schools, crime, and other factors. It then gave each town an overall grade between A+ and D-.
Let’s see how Charlotte faired.
- Our beloved city was ranked a respectable #19. It earned an overall A grade and the schools got a B. Not too bad.
- According to Niche.com, the #1 place to live in North Carolina is Morrisville. It received an A+ grade for both the overall town and its schools. Morrisville is a suburb of Raleigh.
- Keeping close to Charlotte, the best suburb is Davidson. It ranks #12 and earned an overall A+ grade with an A for the school system.
- This is another great Charlotte suburb and came in at #8. It has a small population with around 6,000 residents. It also earned an A+ overall grade with an A for its schools.
- This is one of the larger Charlotte suburbs and was ranked #10.
Larry Jay Mitsubishi is proud to serve the city of Charlotte and the surrounding areas. Stop by our dealership to test drive the latest Mitsubishi models.
While most of us want to drive fuel-efficient cars, they often come with a big price premium, especially fuel-efficient crossovers. That isn’t the case with the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
The Outlander PHEV is an affordable plug-in hybrid that costs a lot less than its luxury hybrid counterparts, even before any tax incentives are considered. Even with its low cost, the Outlander PHEV comes well-equipped with features including leather seating, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, Bluetooth® connectivity, and heated front seats.
It is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and a pair of 60-kilowatt electric motors. Combined, the hybrid powertrain has an output of 197 horsepower. When fully charged, Mitsubishi says the Outlander PHEV has an electric driving range of 22 miles. Recharging can be done in a variety of ways, but when using DC fast-charging, you can get up to an 80% charge in less than half an hour.
The Outlander PHEV also comes standard with Super All-Wheel Control for superior handling in all road conditions. Inside, the cabin offers seating for five passengers with plenty of room for cargo in the rear.
The 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is available now at Larry Jay Mitsubishi. Stop in to test drive this incredible, fuel-efficient crossover.
On March 17, we all get to be a little bit Irish and join in the fun of St. Patrick’s Day! If you are looking for some places to have some fun, here are the best places to go for St. Patrick’s Day in Charlotte. Just remember, if your plans include drinking, make sure you have a designated driver or call yourself an Uber.
- Patrick’s Day Parade. On Saturday, March 17, Charlotte will host its 22nd annual St. Patrick’s Day parade. It steps off at 11 a.m. at N. Tyron St. and 9th Street in Charlotte. After the parade, there is a grand festival with live music, delicious food, and local vendors.
- Pub Crawl. Get your friends together and join in the 18th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl. This unique event on March 17, lets you experience a lot of uptown Charlotte. Wear your green t-shirt (your ticket to the pubs), and spend the day eating, drinking, and having fun.
- Kids Craft. For a more family-friendly event, visit Summerfield Farms on St. Patrick’s Day from 2 to 3 p.m., and your kids can make a shamrock necklace and leprechaun mask.
- Luck of the Irish 5K. If you want to get a run in before your party, sign up for this virtual 5K. You get to choose your route and when you run the race. You will get a medal and bib in the mail.
We at Larry Jay Mitsubishi hope you have a wonderful and safe St. Patrick’s Day.
Having working, clear headlights is important year round, but it’s especially necessary in the wintertime, when it gets dark earlier and inclement weather can seriously hurt visibility. Follow these tips on headlight maintenance to make your car as safe as possible this season.
If you have a burnt out headlight, it should be easy to replace it yourself. How to access the bulb will depend on what kind of car you have (usually it’s through the hood), but you can find this information in your owner’s manual or even look up a guide online to help you replace it.
You don’t have to wait until your headlight burns out to replace it! You can tell when a headlight is getting weaker by examining it. If one side is brighter than the other or there are any other defects or irregularities, it’s time to change it. You should always replace headlights in pairs to avoid creating an uneven field of vision where one light is dimmer than the other.
Cleaning the cover on your headlights is also important! The covers can get dirty and foggy, which reduces visibility. Soap might not do the trick with caked on dirt, so using toothpaste can help thanks to the grit in it. Just put it on a cloth and use it like you would soap, and then rinse the headlight.
For more headlight maintenance tips, call us at Larry Jay Mitsubishi.
Most drivers make sure to keep their car clean but many forget about one of the most important safety systems: the headlights. Like the rest of the care, the headlights need tender loving care to operate at peak efficiency. Here’s a page all about headlights from us here at Larry Jay Mitsubishi. Drive safe this holiday season!
How to Replace a Bulb
To begin replacing a burnt out bulb, start by checking the owner’s manual to see what kind of bulb you need. If your owner’s manual doesn’t list this information, call a service department and ask.
Once you have the bulb, open the hood and locate the back of the headlight. From there, remove the power wires attached to a plug at the base of the headlights. Remove the old bulb. Finally, install the new bulb.
How to Clean the Lenses
Headlight lenses experience oxidization that cause a cloudy look. Cleaning them is relatively simple. First, gather car soap, masking tape, a soft cloth, toothpaste, and water.
Start by cleaning the lenses with the car soap and let them air dry. If they still look cloudy, cover the surrounding areas with masking tape. Add toothpaste to a damp, soft cloth and firmly rub your headlights in small circles.
Clean each headlight for up to five minutes, then rinse them with water and let them air dry. Add car wax to avoid future damage.
When to Use High Beams
It’s safe to use high beams when no other cars are coming towards you. High beams should always be used outside of cities and in rural areas provided there isn’t any oncoming traffic. Turn off your high beams when closing in on another vehicle.
We love living and working here in Charlotte, North Carolina. But, something we might love even more is eating here. Charlotte has one of the best dining scenes in the state and we’re lucky enough to be right in the middle of it. Here are five of the best restaurants in Charlotte.
- Fig Tree Restaurant. This delightful restaurant delivers not only delicious food, but excellent service and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. They offer a wide menu selection along with a varied wine selection.
- Carpe Diem Restaurant. If you’re looking for an excellent night out to celebrate any occasion or just to enjoy a decadent meal, head to Carpe Diem. They also offer catering services for wedding and other events.
- Capital Grille. If you prefer your dining served by friendly, knowledgeable wait staff, head to the Capital Grille. You’ll enjoy perfectly prepared food, a warm atmosphere, and a great drink selection.
- Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar. For a more laid back dining experience, Bad Daddy’s offers mouthwatering burgers, crispy French fries, and even some healthier options, like a build your own salad.
- Midwood Smokehouse. A North Carolina dining experience wouldn’t be complete without some barbecue and Midwood Smokehouse has some of the best in the city.
What is your favorite restaurant in Charlotte?
Trying to decide where to spend your summer vacation can be incredibly difficult. For fun in the sun and feet in the sand, check out these top five vacation destinations in North Carolina from us here at Larry Jay Mitsubishi!
- Cape Hatteras Island – Packed with excellent restaurants, Cape Hatteras Island features some of the most scenic sunsets on the east coast. Spending the day on the island gives access to fishing, surfing, scuba diving, and much more! With one of the most peaceful atmospheres in the state, this is one destination you won’t want to miss.
- Duck – Located on the Outer Banks, Duck is your one-stop spot for vacation rentals next to the ocean. Spend the day in the sun, parasailing, or deep sea fishing for a vacation you’ll never forget.
- Boone – Located inland, Boone is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Visitors can go hiking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, and much more!
- Lake Gaston – For both adventure and relaxation, there’s no better place than Lake Gaston. Activities include water skiing, hiking, boating, barbecuing, and more.
- Wrightsville Beach – The perfect spot for fishing, surfing, boating, and more, Wrightsville Beach is a top vacation spot for good reason. With luxurious rentals and restaurants that will cook what you catch, there are few better places to spend your vacation.
The Outlander PHEV is coming to America!
For a few years now, Mitsubishi has been marketing a plug-in hybrid EV version of its popular Outlander family in other countries, such as the United Kingdom, but the variant never made its debut on North American soil. However, following the introduction of the Outlander’s next generation sometime after 2017, the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV will finally be available in the US.
The decision accompanies Mitsubishi Motors’ announcement that the company has reevaluated its plans and has chosen to more aggressively target the SUV segment. The current generation of the Outlander PHEV could arrive in the US as early as next May. In addition, the automaker expects to have released three new SUVs to the lineup by 2020, including a new unnamed crossover, the next installment of the Outlander, and a new Outlander Sport. Mitsubishi says all three vehicles will offer optional hybrid powertrains, in addition to the traditional gas setup.
The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV has been around for four years now, but the company is just now bringing the plug-in hybrid model to the American market. However, the decision makes sense now that Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. has turned their sights on the SUV market in an attempt to focus on their strengths.
Can’t wait to get your hands on a new Outlander? You can at least partially quench your thirst for the PHEV by test driving a 2015 Outlander at Larry Jay Mitsubishi today!
Mitsubishi was looking fierce in November!
Mitsubishi November sales numbers have been released to the public, and the company continues to enjoy one of its best years yet due to the continued success of the Mitsubishi Outlander and the SUV’s variants. So far in 2015 Mitsubishi Motors has sold over 87,000 units year-to-date, a stark contrast to 2014’s numbers of just over 71,000 within the same time period. That’s a 23 percent increase!
In just November alone, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. has sold 6,722 products – up 3.6 percent from November 2014’s sales numbers. The Outlander shows the biggest leap in sales from the previous year, with an increase of 69.3 percent, or sales of 1,717 units. The Outlander Sport sold even more units in November; the popular SUV saw 2,955 units sold last month.
Mitsubishi’s continued success with their SUVs has caused the company to turn its attention to the SUV segment. Over the next five years, Mitsubishi plans to introduce three new SUVs to the US lineup. Mitsubishi November sales certainly back up this decision, as the company continues to find great success.
See why more people choose Mitsubishi by scheduling a test drive at Larry Jay Mitsubishi today!
Larry Jay is proud to offer the best warranty in the industry with Mitsubishi.
At Larry Jay, we love Mitsubishi—that’s why we sell them. We’re proud to do so, too, and not just because of their outstanding engineering and reliable quality. We’re proud to provide our customers with Mitsubishi vehicles because Mitsubishi offers them the best warranty in the industry.
With Mitsubishi, you receive Mitsubishi Confidence, a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty as well as a full 5-year roadside assistance program that isn’t restricted by mileage in any way, shape, or form – a rarity from today’s carmakers. Keep in mind, the roadside assistance does not apply to the i-MiEV, the Lancer Evolution, or the Lancer Ralliart, which provide their own assistance programs.
Mitsubishi’s 10-year/100,000-mile warranty is a full five years and 40,000 miles better than our next competitor. That’s why Larry Jay Mitsubishi can confidently say that we can give you the absolute best warranty in the industry today – and, more than likely, tomorrow, too!