This holiday season, it’s easier than ever to give back to the community by helping those in need, thanks to the many excellent charities here in Charlotte that focus on holiday-centric work.
Of course, a donation to most major charities is sure to make a difference, but here are a few Charlotte charities to keep in mind this season:
- HopeMatch – Directly matches a family in need with a family who wants to provide, so that more personalized and specific donations can be made during the holiday season. Learn more here.
- The Sandbox – Supports the families of children who have been diagnosed with cancer or another life-altering illness, through financial aid, gift donations, and much more. Learn more here.
- Kids First of the Carolinas – Offers holiday gifts to families in need, from additional Christmas gifts to Easter baskets; this organization also supports local teachers and students. Learn more here.
- Charlotte Family Housing – Aims to empower homeless families to obtain long-term shelter and services, by helping them find paths to more permanent homes. Learn more here.
- Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte – Brings people together to build new houses and communities for those who need them most. Learn more here.
For more ideas about how to help our community, visit us anytime at Larry Jay Mitsubishi.