This holiday season, it’s easier than ever to give back to the community by helping those in need, thanks to the many excellent charities here in Charlotte that focus on holiday-centric work.
Of course, a donation to most major charities is sure to make a difference, but here are a few Charlotte charities to keep in mind this season:
- HopeMatch – Directly matches a family in need with a family who wants to provide, so that more personalized and specific donations can be made during the holiday season. Learn more here.
- The Sandbox – Supports the families of children who have been diagnosed with cancer or another life-altering illness, through financial aid, gift donations, and much more. Learn more here.
- Kids First of the Carolinas – Offers holiday gifts to families in need, from additional Christmas gifts to Easter baskets; this organization also supports local teachers and students. Learn more here.
- Charlotte Family Housing – Aims to empower homeless families to obtain long-term shelter and services, by helping them find paths to more permanent homes. Learn more here.
- Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte – Brings people together to build new houses and communities for those who need them most. Learn more here.
For more ideas about how to help our community, visit us anytime at Larry Jay Mitsubishi.
Mitsubishi, in addition to providing its consumer base with quality products, seeks to contribute to the betterment of the communities it serves. From protecting the environment to encouraging employee representatives to take part in their local volunteering services, Mitsubishi charity efforts run the full spectrum of causes.
Environmental Charter: Drafted in 1996 and updated in 2010, the charter outlines Mitsubishi’s goal to reduce its impact on the environment.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc.: A joint venture, Mitsubishi supports this organization that manages 13.6 million acres of preserved wilderness in Canada.
MC Foundation for the Americas: An organization founded to cover both the social and physical aspects of environmentalism, the Foundation for the Americas not only conserves the environment, but educates individuals on how they can help as well.
Matching Gifts Program: Mitsubishi matches employee donation to any non-proft organization, two dollars for every one dollar donated.
Representative Community Involvement: All Mitsubishi employees are encouraged to take part in their local communities and volunteer their time to making a better world.
Mitsubishi charity efforts extend beyond those listed above, encapsulating poverty and human rights as well as other environmentalist efforts. Mitsubishi is sure to continue its contribution to various causes in the future.
Mitsubishi is teaming up with the Red Cross in order to raise money. The funds raised will be instrumental in helping the Red Cross Home Fire campaign meet its goals. Smoke alarms will be purchased for low-income and at-risk homes, to reduce the number of home fires in low socio-economic neighborhoods.
According to Mitsubishi, the Mitsubishi Red Cross Partnership in Normal, Illinois has donated a total of $30,000 in order to increase the number of fire alarms in the area. This is designed to prevent injuries and fatalities, especially for those at risk such as children, women, and lower class individuals. Fire alarms are essential for every home, but they are an emergency device that often goes overlooked.
“The American Red Cross is a great organization that works to improve the well-being of the community. We’re honored to play a part in the Red Cross Home Fire campaign and trust that the donation made today will further their efforts,” said Don Swearingen, executive vice president of Mitsubishi North America.
This is just one of the many ways Mitsubishi is dedicated to giving back to those in need.