Now that summer is here, you might be yearning for a new ride. Stop by Larry Jay Mitsubishi and we can get you in an excellent, affordable Mitsubishi that we know you will love. Once you have your new Mitsubishi, you will want to take it out driving to get the full feel of it. Here are some great scenic drives near Charlotte, North Carolina you should consider.
- Crowders Mountain Drive. Take this winding road through Crowders Mountain State Park and you may end up stopping frequently to try some rock climbing, hiking, and to just enjoy some beautiful views.
- Flint Hill Ramble. Travel through the Uwharrie National Forest and pass by Jumping Off Rock, drive through the once-booming mining town of Ophir, and take in the sights of the beautiful blue water.
- Grassy Island Crossing. Head south of the Uwharrie National Forest to drive through the Grassy Islands. This is a great choice for birdwatchers or fishermen.
- Indian Heritage Trail. Take a tour back through history and learn more about North Carolina’s Native Americans. As you are taking in the historical sites, you can also stop for juicy, ripe peaches along the way.
Which of these routes are you planning to take?
Knowing how to change a flat tire is one of the most essential maintenance procedures that all drivers should know. To change a tire, you need the following equipment: jack, lug wrench, fully inflated spare tire, and your vehicle’s owner’s manual. All of these items should have come with your car.
Along with those items, it is also recommended that you keep a flashlight, rain poncho, a 2×6-inch piece of wood, gloves, and wheel wedges in your car for when you do need to change your tire.
Follow these steps.
- Move to a safe spot. Get out of traffic and find an open area that is as close to flat as you can get. Make sure you turn on your hazard lights and apply the parking brake.
- Prepare the wheel. Put the wheel wedges in front of or behind your wheel to prevent your car from rolling. You will then remove the hubcap and loosen the lug nuts.
- Use the jack. Place the jack next to the flat tire. Put the piece of wood under the jack to make it more secure. Raise your vehicle until the flat tire is six inches off the ground.
- Remove the lug nuts.
- Remove the tire.
- Put on the spare tire.
- Tighten the lug nuts by hand.
- Lower the vehicle. Use the jack to lower the vehicle until it just touches the ground. Then, tighten the lug nuts as tight as you can with the wrench.
- Lower the vehicle completely.
- Put away all your equipment.
If you have had a flat and need a new tire, come visit us at Larry Jay Mitsubishi.