For years now, the compact Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback has been an efficient choice for drivers. But starting just last model year, the company introduced the new Mitsubishi Mirage G4, a sedan version of the extremely affordable compact hatchback. The 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 is just as efficient, just as affordable, and features the same package of useful features as its five-door sibling.
In fact, one of the most exciting updates to the new model year for the 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 is its new standard features. You can now expect a seven-inch touchscreen, a rearview camera, keyless entry, and Bluetooth® wireless connectivity in every model. The 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage can also be equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity.
Additional updates to this model year also include a convenient pass-through trunk, making the cargo space in this compact car even more versatile. Steering wheel-mounted audio and phone controls give the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 a modern and thoughtful addition to enjoy on every ride.
We think that everyone who spends their time driving in urban settings or anyone who loves an excellent deal will find that this sedan is a perfect fit. Take the new 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 for a test drive and fall in love with its comforts and conveniences at Larry Jay Mitsubishi.
While buying a used car has become incredibly viable due to the price of new cars, the price could come with a few surprises. Hidden damage could cost a fortune in repairs. We here at Larry Jay Mitsubishi have five things to look out for when buying a used car.
- Leaks – If a car is leaking oil, anti-freeze, or any other type of fluid, it could be a cause for worry. To check to see if the car you’re considering has any leaks, take a test drive and stop on a clean, dry part of the road. Idle for a minute or two then pull forward. If you see any liquid on the ground, it may be a good idea to pass on the car.
- Reviews – Checking out the model as a whole is a great idea when buying a used car. Reviewers often list common problems, defects, and overall impressions and experiences.
- Vehicle History Report – Any seller should have a vehicle history report available. If they don’t consider shelling out a few bucks to get one. The report will list any accidents, major repairs, ownership history, and more.
- Interior – Before buying, make sure you do a full inspection of the car’s interior. Look for tears in the upholstery, stains in the carpet, and use your nose. The smell of cigarette smoke isn’t something you can get rid of just by opening the windows.
- Exterior – Give the car’s exterior a good inspection. Rust and leaks could be signs of major problems sooner rather than later. Minor scratches and dents are common and aren’t too much cause for worry. Larger damages are something to take into account when negotiating the price though.
Dashboard lights can vary from car to car, so it’s important to consult your owner’s manual if you see one come on that you don’t know the meaning of. However, there are some that you’ll want to know off the top of your head so you can pull over as soon as you see it.
If the coolant temperature light comes on while you’re driving, you need to pull over before your car overheats and turn the heater onto full blast to remove some heat from the engine. You could have a coolant leak or low coolant that needs to be replaced or repaired right away.
If you drive with the oil pressure light on, you may damage your engine due to not having enough oil, so you’ll want to check the oil level immediately. Similarly, the ABS light could mean that you don’t have enough brake fluid or that there’s another issue with your brakes.
There are plenty of lights that just let you know when something is on, though, like the fog light indicator. You might also get indicator lights for minor problems that don’t need fixed immediately, like low washer fluid or the light letting you know when a lamp is out.
For more help on diagnosing what your dashboard indicator lights mean, give us a call at Larry Jay Mitsubishi!