How to Get Your Car Ready for Spring
Spring is just a few weeks away. This means, it is time to shake off the last residue of winter and get your car ready for spring. Here are five simple steps to follow to get you prepared for the season ahead.
- Wash your car. Winter can leave a layer of grime and salt all over your car. Give it a thorough wash, including the underbody, to help prevent corrosion.
- Replace your wiper blades. Your wiper blades have spent months working hard to keep your windshield clear of frost, ice, and snow. This can make them dry and brittle. Your wiper blades should be switched out about every six months. If your blades are leaving streaks or stuttering, it’s time to change them.
- Check your tire pressure. Give your tires a good inspection. If you switched them out for winter grade tires, put your all season tires back on. Make sure your tires are properly inflated and check the tread depth. Look for signs of cracking and other extreme wear.
- Top off fluids. Check your fluid levels and make sure everything is where it needs to be.
- Change your oil. Start off the spring with fresh oil.
If you need help getting your car ready for spring, schedule an appointment with us here at Larry Jay Mitsubishi.